Saturday, August 28, 2010

Good reads!

I find a lot of solitude in movies and books. I really enjoy the feeling of escaping into someone else's life. When I read a book, I love to picture the character in my head, the way the author is describing them. I imagine what they look like, how they speak, how they walk. Then when a movie is based on the book I try to see how close the director followed the authors writing. Sometimes when I watch movies, I get so engulfed and it just feels like I am there with the characters on screen. I love intense heartbreaking, tear jerking, mind boggling movies. Those are the best kinds, the ones that make you think or best of all feel something. I love watching a movie or reading a book that makes you feel a feeling you never even knew existed. I love stories that change your life, your opinions and your views. Those are the books worth reading. I'm a romantic, in almost every sense of the word. Impractical, hopeful, everything is all about love for me. I love those stories that just make you fall in love with the characters, I know this may sound weird but I know I'm not the only one out there whop thinks like this. I've read so many good books in my life I cant even pick a favorite.  But there is one that is up there, "the Outsiders", this will forever and always be a really important book to me. It made me feel something I never felt before at the age of twelve, I feel that in some ways it sculpted me into who I am today.  Here's a list of really good books that I recommend to anyone who loves to read:

* The Outsiders
*North Of Beautiful
*Life on The Refrigerator Door
* To Kill A Mockingbird
* The Great Gatsby
* A Catcher In The Rye
* Homework
* Purge
* Maniac McGee

I will just about read anything, I never judge a book by it's cover :).

No comments:

Post a Comment